I tried this last year and failed miserably! Planning my reading is something I have never been great at.
Don’t get me wrong, if I am on a Blog Tour I will be 100% reliable, if I request a proof I will always read it. But sometimes a glittery new book grabs my attention and I am off, like a magpie, eyes wide, chasing the shiny thing.
So don’t hold me to this list. This is the list I came up with today after days of leaving piles in random places around the house and manically counting, groaning and changing my mind. Ask me tomorrow and who knows!
But I need to get this post written, I need to commit, so this is the stack…
They are a complete mixture of new releases, books I have had for ages, second hand copies and lovely gifted proofs.
I solemnly swear to do my best…
- Sea Wife – Amity Gauge
- Exciting Times – Naoise Dolan
- The Back Up Plan – Elsie McArthur
- The Night of the Flood – Zoe Somerville
- The Cat and The City – Nick Bradley
- The Sound Mirror – Heidi James
- It’s Gone Dark Over Bill’s Mother’s – Lisa Blower
- The Pull of the Stars – Emma Donoghue
- The Misadventures of Evie Epworth – Matson Taylor
- Shuggie Bain – Douglas Stuart
- Constellations – Sinead Gleeson
- On Beauty – Zadie Smith
- The Harpy – Megan Hunter
- Fleishman is in Trouble – Taffy Brodesser-Akner
- On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous – Ocean Vuong
- The Most Fun We Ever Had – Claire Lombardo
- Gingerbread – Helen Oyeyemi
- My Brilliant Friend – Elena Ferrante
- A Closed Eye – Anita Brookner
So, Three months, 93 days and 20 books…
And I am already behind the curve!!! The idea of #20BooksOfSummer is the fab idea of @cathy746books.
This summer I promise I will do my best!